ELIGIBILITY – NOMINATION – SELECTION
“Don Chalmers Passion for Excellence Award” is an annual award recognizing an individual who exemplifies outstanding leadership in the pursuit of performance excellence and has furthered performance improvement beyond the boundaries of their organization.
The 2016 Award will be presented at the annual Quality New Mexico Learning Summit and New Mexico Performance Excellence Awards Ceremony to be held April, 2017.
- Represent any industry and any type or size organization in New Mexico, or a division of a corporation operating in New Mexico, residing in New Mexico for 5 or more years;
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors and results consistent with Quality New Mexico’s Core Values (Integrity; Innovation & Agility; Customer Driven Excellence; Valuing Diversity, People and Relationships; Organization & Personal Learning; Continuous Improvement) and leadership behaviors (community involvement, corporate citizenship, economic development)
- Be willing to share their leadership practices as they relate to Quality New Mexico’s core values and leadership behaviors, and
- Be able to attend and receive the Award during the annual Quality New Mexico Learning Summit and New Mexico Performance Excellence Awards Ceremony.
Candidates may be nominated by anyone; no self-nominations are permitted. Quality New Mexico will confirm receipt of the nomination by e-mail. A nominating submission includes a cover page, a nominee’s biography or curriculum vitae, and a nomination essay.
Quality New Mexico will appoint an Award selection committee. Committee members may include past Don Chalmers Passion for Excellence Award recipients, a member of the Don Chalmers family, Quality New Mexico’s Chairman of the Board, a Quality New Mexico Board Member, Don Chalmers Ford Representative, and Quality New Mexico President/CEO.
The selection committee primarily bases its initial review on information contained in the nominating essays. During the final selection process, additional sources of information may be sought. Nominees will be vetted.
Key Dates for the 2016 Award Cycle
- Nomination form available – July 1, 2016
- Nominations submitted – December 1, 2016
- Award Recipient announced – April, 2017